For me, spring/summer is about getting your produces from local farmers instead of from the States. Having the chance to talk to somebody in-person from a farm is always a highlight.
A combination of fresh-pressed, red beet juice (lowers blood pressure and is rich in antioxidants), mixed with Chia seeds (low-carb and high protein, plus antioxidants), makes this dish so interesting. July is the time to discover the abundance of beautiful red beets from our local farmers.
At this time of the season, beets taste exceptionally good, with a delightful sweetness to them. Summer beets do not compare to the red beets we draw on through the winter into spring with their heavy, earthy taste. Once you’ve selected your sweet, young beets, you only need to make a decision as to which type of fish you would like to serve with them.
There are so many choices to finalize your nutrition ‘bomb’ and you’ll find a variety of flavour in our summer recipes. Seared Ling Cod, smoked Albacore tuna, or a nice salmon bursting with Omega-3 will boost your meal’s vitamin and mineral content, while impressing your guests’ palate.
1. Juice 1kg of peeled red beets
(should produce approximately 300ml juice).
2. Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
3. Stir in 60g Chia seeds and place in 4 bowls.
4. Allow it to settle for approximately 50 minutes.
5.Clean and wash your favorite lettuce and herbs for the garnish salad.
1. Cut Ling Cod in 4 pieces.
2. Season with salt and pepper
3. Sear fish to your preferred level.
4. Place Ling Cod on the firm red beet reduction and garnish with salad.
5. Drizzle lemon-olive oil on top and grate fresh horseradish on the dish.
Recipe by Chef Marco