- Drive that ‘local cheer’. The holiday experience is different in every city/town, customize your social media to YOUR location. Canmore offers great opportunities to include community events, mountain landscapes and the opportunity to shop local (rather than heading into Calgary) as ways to encourage local interaction.
- Engage your audience and exploit your business with user-generated content. Relate to your audience, share their posts, run a social media contest. Engage your audience by creating highly relatable, emotional, human-interest content that will tug at people’s heartstrings, draw them in, evoke sentiment, or make them laugh. You want your audience to see a post and think, “Hey, that’s me, too!”
- Use visually compelling images, videos or animated Gifs to grab the audience’s attention. Consider promo-slidely videos, Facebook Carousel or Canvas ads to create an immersive experience with your brand and showcase your products.
- Add a store locator to help customers find you (you can also add a call to action to get directions, call, or send a message to help with this). Give them a further reason to visit with a limited time offer
- Don’t limit your advertising to one social media channel. Instead, create content on the various channels for your audience, each with native content focused exclusively to that channel. Your Facebook, Instagram posts and Tweets should drive the same idea, but the content should be customized to resonate best with each channel’s unique community.
- Share your Brand’s Story. Use the heart-felt Holiday Season as a time for your fans to get to know your business and the people behind the scenes.
- Create Facebook offers. Facebook enables you to create an online or in-store offer to share on your business page. Facebook offers are an easy way to share special bundles, discounts and incentives with your audience all year long. However, it’s even more relevant during the Holidays.
AND don’t forget about the post-holiday season!
65% of shoppers plan to keep shopping after Christmas. According to Facebook data, shopping does not subside after the holidays. Many customers will continue to shop well into January. Use this time of year to entice them with post-holiday sales and convert them to loyal customers with new demand generation and cross-sell opportunities.
Merry Christmas and best wishes for a busy holiday season from the Carmella Consulting crew!